2021-2022 University Faculty Senate Committee Application
Please Read Before Applying
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS & FAQs
- The University Faculty Senate (UFS) Committee Term is one academic year with possibility of additional year(s) served. This is based on participation, and fit within the committee and with the committee charge.
- The application form and committee charges can be accessed by clicking the blue link at the bottom of the page.
- Application to one of the nine committees of the UFS come with a heavy participation load. Committees meet ONLY once face-to-face at our Fall Planning Meeting. After this meeting, all meetings (unless specifically organized otherwise) are on a web conference (ZOOM) Platform. Most Zoom conferences happen monthly, however, depending on the work being done in each committee, these Zoom sessions may be scheduled weekly. If applying, please be confident in your ability to actively participate in these Zoom Sessions. Zoom Training is available online if needed.
- Committee Charges can be viewed here.
- Submission of application does not guarantee a spot on a committee. Happily for the UFS, demand is high for these positions and spaces are limited.
- Application for a committee, does not ensure placement on one’s first, second or sometimes third committee choice. The University faculty Senate Executive Committee matches the best candidates with the work being done in each committee, however personal preference is highly considered in this decision.
- Please supply a two page resume only. Resumes CVs longer than two pages will not be considered.
- Please fill out the application form in full. Incomplete application forms will not be considered.
- The Application form will close on May 20, 2021. No late applicants will be considered.
- Members of each committee are voted in by the University Faculty Senate Executive Committee.
- The chair of the committee is appointed by the University Faculty Senate President.
- Each Committee has a limit of 12 people plus the chair & liaisons
- Participation in University Faculty Senate Committees is free of charge. All travel will be arranged and underwritten by the UFS Office.
- For other questions regarding this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.